Join the Team
Interested in serving in The Grounds? That’s great! The Grounds is so much more than just a bookstore or coffee shop. On the weekends it’s a high-energy, fast-paced hub for community, conversation and connection. During the week, it’s the perfect retreat spot to get together with a friend or spend some much-needed “you time.” And while The Grounds may have coffee in its veins, it has missions in its heart. All of our proceeds support Meck’s local and global missions’ efforts as well as the ministries of the church. So if you love people, books or caffeine, The Grounds has a role suited for your uniqueness.
A few great things about serving in The Grounds…
*You get to be a part of The Grounds’ family – a close-knit group of volunteers who laugh, serve and do life together.
*Our bookstore volunteers get to introduce guests to their first Bible and use resources to help others discover the heart of God.
*You can serve during the week! The Grounds is open six days a week, which means we have plenty of serving opportunities that will accommodate your schedule.
For middle- and high-school students interested in serving in The Grounds, find out more about our Junior Barista program.
Meet The Grounds Team:
- The Groundskeeper: the book guru, the people-person, the team member who connects guests to all of the awesome resources on our bookshelves.
- The Complimentary Beverage Barista: the warm smile, the hospitable heart, the team member who offers free drinks to Meck’s guests.
- The Register Barista: the money man, the computer whiz, the team member who rings up café guests and thanks them for their support.
- The Writer: the steady hand, the coffee expert, the team member who takes café orders and educates guests on The Grounds’ menu.
- The Espresso Barista: the shot puller, the caffeine addict, the team member who runs “Gloria”, our beloved espresso machine.
- The Beverage Prep Barista: the multi-tasker, the quick mover, the team member who prepares the majority of The Grounds’ beverages and dictates our momentum.
- The CD Duplicator: the techie, the beyond-the-scenes man, the team member who records, edits and creates CDs of the weekend message to sell in The Grounds.
- The Weekday Barista: the multi-faceted, multi-equipped, multi-wonderful team member who runs The Grounds during the week.